Can SERVPRO Help With Building Repairs After Flood Damage?
Flooding quickly causes flood damage. Contact SERVPRO right away for water removal and remediation services.
Glen Cove Homeowners Are Concerned About Home Repairs After Flood Damage.
People living in Glen Cove know that the fall and winter can be cold and wet. Inclement weather can cause a surprising amount of damage to homes in the local community.
Floods pose a clear danger. Water can quickly enter through doors and windows, wreaking devastation within the house. Flood damage in Glen Cove causes disruption and distress to residents. Thankfully SERVPRO of Glen Cove / Jericho is on hand to clean up and get your home looking "Like it never even happened."
Can I protect my home from flood damage?
Although SERVPRO is available 24 hours, of course you want to avoid flood damage if possible. There are some things you can do:
- Check your doors and windows regularly and make sure they are in good repair
- Look out for broken or leaking gutters and downpipes and get them fixed immediately
- Make sure your yard gradient directs water away from your home rather than toward
- Consider making some sandbags for use in an emergency – research how to fill and stack them before you start
- Keep an eye on flood alerts, so you know when bad weather is coming
If you spot a leak, a broken tile, or a gutter in need of cleaning, take care of it at once. When a flood warning comes, it is too late to repair your home, so take action now.
What can floodwater do to my home?
Floodwater can damage both your home and your belongings. Textiles such as carpets and drapes can quickly take on water. Photographs, art canvases, and books can quickly become waterlogged. Depending on the severity of the flood damage, wooden furniture can warp and swell.
Water can also damage the structure of your home. For example:
- Soaked and damaged drywall
- Peeling wallpaper
- Sagging ceilings
- Water-damaged HVAC systems
- Broken door and window panes
What are the safety concerns after flood damage?
The first safety issue is with the kind of water. If the water is clear, it does not contain contaminants. Gray water, such as water from appliances, might contain contaminants. However, floodwater can also be categorized as blackwater, if it comes from overflowing rivers or sewers. Blackwater can contain human waste, microbes, and chemicals. Blackwater can be hazardous to human health.
There are also concerns regarding the structural integrity of your home after a flood. If the flood was severe enough to damage walls, floors, windows, or ceilings, securing your home's safety is a priority. There may also be electrical risks from water-damaged appliances.
SERVPRO trains our technicians to The Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification standards. That means our teams understand health and safety and will take every step to secure your home. We can clear away damaged drywall, carry out controlled demolition on unsafe walls or ceilings, and put up boards and tarps for temporary security.
We also have microbial treatments on hand if there is a health risk from microbes or fungus, and we equip all our staff with the personal protective equipment they need to work safely.
Which home repairs can SERVPRO help me with?
Our team can help with a wide range of repairs, including:
- Removing and replacing drywall and wallpaper and repainting walls
- Fixing hardwood, linoleum, tile or marble floors
- Mending a damaged roof
- Plumbing and electrical services
- Repairing or replacing carpets
In some cases, we may need to find specialist contractors to help us. This is advantageous for you because you do not have to search for contractors yourself. We only work with specialists that we trust, and you can rest assured that we supervise their work at all times.
We know it is a shock to see your home damaged by floodwaters. Leave it to us to find the right contractors for your home repairs – that is one less thing for you to be concerned about.
What about the rest of the cleanup?
There is more to flood damage remediation than house repairs. Our team will also take care of your contents, such as furniture and documents. We will advise you what to keep and what to trash, and we can clean and restore your items.
Our technicians will use fans, heaters, and dehumidifiers to dry your home and belongings and return them to their preloss condition if possible. We use a range of moisture meters and probes to monitor drying and ensure the moisture is at an acceptable level. We also take care of deodorizing your home so that it smells clean with no trace of dampness.
For help repairing your home after flood damage, call SERVPRO of Glen Cove / Jericho at (516) 671-1919.
How Can Flooding Get Extracted from Glen Cove Restaurants?
Flooding can be overwhelming for restaurants, but our SERVPRO of Glen Cove / Jericho team can help 24/7 by calling (516) 671-1919.
Natural flooding can overwhelm floor drains in your Glen Cove restaurant, making it vital for our professionals to utilize extractors to remove standing water as fast as possible.
Flooding can be devastating to entire Glen Cove communities when creeks and streams rise above their banks following prolonged rainfall. With so many quick-service restaurants close to one another along the main strips through our city, unexpected flooding can find its way into these structures and require immediate attention. A fast response from competent professionals like our SERVPRO team ensures that more significant damages do not require a lengthy shutdown of the facilities.
With natural disasters, the floor drains and water diversion installations in your restaurant can become overwhelmed, leading to flood damage in Glen Cove kitchen areas. Resolving the compromised drain and plumbing issues first requires removing any standing floodwater in the restaurant with several tools and devices.
Trash Pumps – Gas-powered extraction devices capable of moving solids and debris along with the water are suitable implements for natural flooding in your restaurant. These are portable and can get moved to different areas of the building as required.
Extractor Trucks – Our SERVPRO Green Fleet features extractor trucks capable of removing water at a powerful 300 psi. These removal tools can also remove solids and debris. The pumps get powered from the engine of the truck.
Specialty Wands – Wet vacuums are an everyday staple of extraction and can support multiple attachments and specialty wands to help with the final touches on floodwater removal. Squeegee wands on the tile floors of your kitchen area can be an excellent example.
How Can Water Diversion Implements Get Repaired After Flooding?
Assessing the damage to the drain and potential clogs can ensure that repairs happen if necessary. With contractors available on our roster, we can reinstall drains or repair these diversion implements as necessary.
Flooding can be overwhelming for restaurants, but our SERVPRO of Glen Cove / Jericho team can help 24/7 by calling (516) 671-1919.
How Can SERVPRO Neutralize My Home’s Unpleasant Fire-Related Odors?
Fires of all sizes can cause smoke and soot damage. You can trust the SERVPRO Brand to make it, "Like it never even happened."
Your Neighborhood SERVPRO in Glen Head Uses State-Of-The-Art Tools to Eliminate the Unwanted Smells of Fire Damage.
When fire ravages your Glen Head home, it leaves behind smelly airborne particles that eventually settle and coat surfaces throughout your residence. These troublesome remnants of house fires generally produce persistent foul smells that can prove quite challenging to neutralize. With the right equipment, however, it is possible to rid your home of these unpleasant reminders of a fire. High-quality services like SERVPRO employ all the latest advanced gear to treat your home’s fire damage effectively. Our technicians utilize specialized equipment that rapidly removes impacted air from your interiors and filters out harmful odorous particles. This equipment also counteracts smells with ozone gas and aerosolized natural oils, removes particulate matter that has settled on surfaces, and treats affected areas with EPA-approved deodorants.
How Does SERVPRO Remove Fire-Polluted Air from Your Home?
As one of the most well-equipped fire damage restoration companies in Glen Head, we use all the latest air moving and filtering technologies to remove fire-polluted air from your residence quickly. The primary devices we employ to do this are:
- High-velocity box fans that quickly push fire-polluted air out of your home
- Advanced air movers that swiftly draw in and push out impacted air, exchanging it for fresh air
- Innovative air scrubbers to clean dirty interior air by filtering harmful gases and odorous particles out of it
Additionally, our technicians employ HVAC cleaning systems, which have agitators, a strong vacuum, and a filtration network, to clean up and prevent airborne particles from spreading. All this works to remove contaminants from your home’s interior air. This cleaning is just the first step in eliminating fire-related smells from your residence and returning your property to its pre-fire condition.
What Does SERVPRO Do to Neutralize Remaining Smells?
SERVPRO professionals use additional tools and measures to counteract, mask, or seal off odors remaining after their initial ventilation procedures. These actions serve to make your home smell more as it did before the fire in Glen Head. Some of the tools and techniques we do this with are:
- Vaportek systems that neutralize smell-emitting particles with aerosolized natural oils
- Ozone generators to counteract odors with ozone gas
- Injection devices that put deodorants in impacted upholstery and carpeting
- Thermal foggers to neutralize or mask foul odors with aerosolized deodorants
- Ultra-low volume (ULV) foggers that seal and deodorize difficult-to-access areas in your home
Most times, these efforts are highly effective in handling the unpleasant smells of fire damage. They often do away with these annoying reminders of fire events and make your home fit to live in again.
What Are Some of the Harmful Compounds Removed by Your Service?
As a concerned neighbor, SERVPRO is dedicated to your safety. We focus on removing the toxic and other harmful products of combustion from your home as quickly as possible by using specialized expertise and tools. A few of the dangerous or harmful compounds we help remove from your residence are:
- Toxic gases like hydrogen cyanide, sulfur dioxide, nitrogen dioxide, carbon monoxide, and nitric oxide
- Polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAH) that could cause adverse long-term health effects like respiratory issues
- Other odorous airborne substances
- Corrosive particles that might eventually cover and damage surfaces around your home
Getting these compounds out of your home is an essential first step in making it livable again. It is also necessary before any other restoration efforts can begin.
Fires can strike anywhere, at any time, and often when you least expect them. The ones that ravage your living space are by far the most traumatic, though, because they make you immediately aware of your vulnerability to life’s uncertainties and impermanence. They disrupt your lifestyle and damage or destroy possessions you never expected to lose. Even worse, house fires can leave lasting everyday reminders of their occurrence and doubts about your home’s overall safety. In addition to being annoying, lingering fire-related smells can make you wonder if it is healthy to breathe the air in your residence. It is crucial to have your fire damage remediated by trained professionals for all of these reasons.
Returning a house to its pre-fire condition involves much more than merely restoring physical damage and cleaning visible residues off surfaces. Just as importantly, it requires that remediators successfully remove toxic or harmful airborne substances and neutralize related odors, which prevents further future damage to impacted properties and limits potential adverse health effects residents might suffer.
Remember, if a fire ever damages your residence, call a local service that cares about your safety and is dedicated to your satisfaction. Contact SERVPRO of Glen Cove/Jericho at (516) 671-1919 for assistance.
How Can I Clean My House After a Pipe In My House Breaks and Leaks Water?
Removing moisture while it is still a liquid can speed up the restoration process and help prevent secondary problems from taking place.
For Water Cleanup After You Suffer From a Pipe Break in Your Glen Cove Home Call SERVPRO
If a supply line inside your house in Glen Cove ever develops even the smallest crack inside it, several gallons of H2O can spill into your structure. Water will first follow gravity and start to build up on your floors, and then it will start to soak into your walls and other building materials.
How can you remove water from my floors?
During water cleanup operations in Glen Cove, our SERVPRO technicians start by removing moisture while it is still a liquid. We can use different pieces of equipment during the extraction process, including the following:
• Portable Extractors: Portable units can be used to extract tight areas that may be hard to access.
• Truck-Mounted Extractors: Our heavy-duty truck-mounted units have more power than portable ones and can extract a lot of water in a short period.
• Light Wands: Handheld tools can be used for initial extraction and for pulling moisture from glue down carpets.
• Deep Extraction Tools: Some tools use the bodyweight of the operator to compress carpets to pull out as much moisture as possible. These machines can be self-propelled or stationary and are best used when extracting saturated thick, shaggy carpets.
• Self Priming Trash Pumps: Whenever there are more than two inches of standing H2O present, a submersible pump can be used to remove it. Trash pumps are gas-powered and can suck up solids up to 5/8" in diameter.
• High-Pressure Pumps: These sump pumps are designed to use high pressure, but they do not handle sucking up any solids very well. High-pressure pumps are best used when extracting underground areas such as basements or parking garage structures.
• Electric Submersible Pumps: Electric pumps are the most commonly used in the restoration industry because they have a wide range of capacity, and they can move 100 to 18,000 gallons per hour through a 3/4" to 4" hose.
Removing moisture while it is still a liquid can speed up the restoration process and help prevent secondary problems from taking place. Call SERVPRO of Glen Cove / Jericho at (516) 671-1919 24/7 because We’re Faster to Any Size Disaster.
How Can I Clean Up My Restaurant After an Accidental Sprinkler Discharge?
Commercial Properties in Glen Cove that suffer water and fire damage get "Like it never even happened." service and results
SERVPRO Techs Can Restore Glen Cove Eateries with Commercial-Grade Water Damage Repair Tools
Accidental sprinkler charges are more common than most Glen Cove business owners might expect. The current industry standard for sprinkler heads is a failure rate of 1 in 16,000,000. However, when a failure does occur, just one or two sprinkler heads, each discharging several gallons of water per minute, can leave businesses with a substantial cleanup job on their hands.
SERVPRO can respond to Glen Cove businesses requiring water damage repair in as little as several hours after the initial contact.
Preventing Accidental Sprinkler Discharges
- Have the plumbing for your sprinkler heads inspected regularly. Corrosion in pipes is one of the major causes of accidental discharges. Many businesses mitigate this by filling pipes with nitrogen to prevent oxygen from deteriorating the plumbing when it is dry.
- Consider installing sprinkler head guards to minimize safety concerns from mechanical failures. These devices are most effective in commercial environments with high rates of foot traffic, which can increase impact risk.
- Prevent freezing pipes from building pressure in your sprinkler system by adding an approved antifreeze solution, insulating plumbing, or making use of electric heat tracing.
SERVPRO’s Structural Drying Process
After extracting water from your commercial property with such tools as rovers and portable extractors, SERVPRO technicians prepare the affected space for drying with centrifugal air movers and dehumidifiers.
Air movers are typically placed every 10 to 16 linear feet along the length of the affected space, but positioning can vary based on the material being dried. For walls, air movers are placed at 45-degree angles to pull moisture into the air for dehumidifiers to absorb and replace with warm, dry air.
SERVPRO of Glen Cove / Jericho serves local businesses with cleanup and restoration services that make your business look, “Like it never even happened.” Call (516) 671-1919 to get the services you need at any time of the day or night.
How Can I Prepare My Property for Flood Damages?
Storm Water Can Create Havoc in Your Glen Head Residence. Seek Help from SERVPRO!
Disaster Mitigation Professionals Mitigate Flood Damage in Glen Head Residences for Both Structures and Contents
Flooding is one of the most ubiquitous natural disasters in the United States today. Glen Head residents who have suffered such damages are well aware of the significant costs created by debris, pests, sewage, and water damage created by floodwaters. One inch of water can cause as much as $25,000 in damages to a home.
The restoration technicians at SERVPRO are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, to remove flood damage from Glen Head properties and return homes to a preloss state. SERVPRO emergency response crews can begin the cleanup process in as little as four hours after you call.
How Do I Determine Whether or Not I Live in a Flood Zone?
Glen Head homeowners can access local flood maps to determine their flood risk. The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) keeps an online flood map of the United States open for public use.
Here is how to read the map to determine your area’s general flood risk:
- First, enter your location. This entry can be a city or ZIP code. You can then view the web map and even find reports for your area’s flood history.
- To determine the flood risk in your area, the FEMA Flood Map Service uses a variety of zone markings that indicate both risk levels and infrastructure relevant to flood management, including bridges, levees, and dams.
- Flood zone risk is coded as follows:
- Blue zones are 1% annual chance regions. In other words, FEMA expects these areas to see significant flooding at least once every century. FEMA considers this a high-risk designation and advises homeowners to floodproof their properties.
- Orange zones are 0.2% annual chance zones–that is, significant flooding is expected to occur here at least once every 500 years. This occurrence may seem unlikely to happen in your lifespan, but the truth is that every single region of the United States, no matter how arid, experiences flooding.
- Yellow zones indicate an undetermined flood risk. You may need to do more research to find out more about a yellow zome’s flood history.
- Blue zones with red stripes are regulatory floodways usually composed of rivers and surrounding floodplains. Homes that are built in or near these areas should exercise great caution to minimize the impact that flooding can cause in these regions.
How Can I Prepare My Home for Flooding?
There are numerous renovation options you can undertake that can reduce the impact of flood damage for your Glen Head property. These can include:
- Install a sump pump or foundation vents. Sump pumps are mostly used to remove water from basements. Choose a model with a battery backup to ensure that it can operate after the power goes out.
Foundation vents, meanwhile, allow floodwater to pass through your foundation instead of pooling around it. This floodproofing tactic can alleviate the significant amount of pressure created by accumulated floodwaters.
- Use check valves on your home’s pipes. The pipes entering your home should have valves installed to prevent sewage from backing up into your drains and fixtures. Gate valves typically provide a tighter seal for this purpose than flap valves.
- Elevate your electrical switches, outlets, and wiring. Keep electrical components on your property at least 12 inches above flood level. This step can minimize the risk of an electrical shock during a flood.
- Keep some space between mulch and siding. Consistent contact with wet mulch can eventually cause your home’s siding to rot. Once this occurs, it is much easier for floodwaters and other types of damage to penetrate your structure. Keeping some space between mulch on your property and your siding keeps the base of your home dry.
- Make use of sealants and coatings. This floodproofing strategy protects your home with an outer coating of water-resistant paints and sealants that prevent water from seeping into cracks and crevices.
How Do SERVPRO Professionals Mitigate Flood Damage?
Flood damage requires a different process for mitigation and restoration than the typical home water damage situation due to the presence of contaminants and debris in the water. Solid waste, pests, chemical runoff, and other items must be removed from the property before structural drying can begin in earnest.
Porous materials like carpet and mattresses typically require disposal with the assent of homeowners and insurance adjusters due to safety concerns. SERVPRO technicians focus on thorough sanitation before commencing with structural drying to prevent the spread of mold, microbes, and other potential contaminants through the air.
SERVPRO of Glen Cove / Jericho provides mitigation and restoration services that make disaster-affected homes look, “Like it never even happened.” Call (516) 671-1919 to begin the cleanup process within hours, at any time of the day or night.
How Long Am I Out of My House After a Fire?
Our professionals have state of the art equipment to clean up and restore your home so you can return safely after a fire.
For a Quick, and Safe Return to Your Glen Cove Home After a Fire, Call SERVPRO
SERVPRO restoration teams train extensively to remediate fire damage in Glen Cove homes. Our teams respond faster than many other agencies, so our work starts before other companies can even arrive at your home.
The Damage Looks Pretty Bad, What Happens First?
The team leader identifies every item too damaged to repair or restore and determines the shortest path out of your home. Specialists then lay down plastic sheeting to avoid crushing soot and other burned particles into the carpets and flooring. As they remove all of the debris (paper, furniture, appliances, etc.), the team leader examines the structure (walls, floors, and ceilings) for damage.
Here, the team takes on multiple tasks to reduce the overall time in your home. As several specialists begin demolition efforts of property near the origin point of the fire, others start cleaning efforts in rooms and hallways where the only effects of the fire damage are the smoke and soot particles left as the fire cooled and stopped. Specialists start with dry sponges to remove much of the particles left by the fire and then move on to cleaning agents and soft brushes to break up thicker layers of soot for removal without harming either personal or structural property.
Can The Restoration Teams Rebuild My Home?
For much of it, yes. Our SERVPRO office has trained carpenters on staff. After demolition, our team can install new support structures, to include wall framing, hanging new drywall, and even replace load-bearing walls in some homes. The team leader makes certain that all work meets not just your approval, but meets the requirements of city, county, and state building codes as well.
To get started immediately, call SERVPRO of Glen Cove / Jericho at (516) 671-1919 today. We are here to put you back into your home as soon as we can do it.
Want to know more about Glen Cove?
What Should I Do When Items in My Glen Cove House Get Burned in a Fire?
After something torches on your property in Upper Brookville or Sea Cliff, call SERVPRO.
For Fire Damage Restoration Services Inside Your Glen Cove Residence Call SERVPRO
We can provide multiple emergency services for you if a structural burn ever takes place on your Glen Cove property. The services we offer can help both protect property loss and human health effects.
What are the first things a restoration company does to protect my family?
When our SERVPRO technicians first enter your home during fire damage restoration in Glen Cove, our first focus is on the safety and well being of you and your family as well as all of the workers that enter your house. Our first objective is to take measures to prevent the existing problems from causing you issues in the future. Next, we repair safety hazards to ensure a safe workplace for everyone who enters your building. Then, we can conduct other procedures to prepare your property for the mitigation and restoration procedures to begin, like boarding up your structure and creating containment chambers to reduce any disruption the incident has created for all of your building's occupants.
• What other procedures do you implement to ensure safety during the restoration process?
• Conduct inspections of your building- We can thoroughly inspect your entire structure to figure out if any safety hazards like fallen debris exist.
• Board up the property- If your windows get broken from the heat, or your doors get destroyed from firefighters entering your home, we can secure your home from intruders and weather-related issues by placing boards and plastic on any of the breaches to your house's structural integrity.
• Dry out your house- Since water is often used to extinguish fires, one of the first steps to reducing property loss is to set up air movers and dehumidifiers to remove moisture from your structural components.
• Restore electricity- If the power had to be shut off as a result of the blaze, then we can bring it in via generators to provide light and heat.
After something torches on your property in Upper Brookville or Sea Cliff, call SERVPRO of Glen Cove / Jericho at (516) 671-1919.
How Do I Get Rid of Water from a Burst Pipe?
Water damage in your home? SERVPRO can make it "Like it never even happened."
SERVPRO Has Powerful Water Removal Extractors to Fix your Glen Cove Home.
What causes a pipe to burst?
Water pipes transport gallons of water through your Glen Cove home each day. These plumbing systems can age and perform less efficiently over the lifetime of your home, leading to buildup inside the pipes. Buildup blocks water flow, creating unwanted pressure in the system, which can cause the pipe itself to burst when combined with weak joints. The water pressure building up inside the joints can force water out of them rapidly, which can quickly lead to pooling water. In a matter of hours, your home can fill with several hundred gallons of water. Our technicians work in the local area and can arrive at your property promptly to remove water and mitigate losses.
What happens to my home when a pipe bursts?
Sometimes the water pressure overall can dip, which has consequences to the rest of your plumbing system. Equally, the water that releases into the home can absorb into materials causing significant damages. To recover your house effectively, you can enlist the help of a water removal specialist in Glen Cove. SERVPRO operates twenty-four-hours a day and has experience working with the building materials unique to homes in the community. Our focus is to remove excessive quantities of moisture quickly before putting in place an efficient drying procedure that can help to mitigate against further losses like mold growth.
What should I do when a pipe bursts in my home?
- Shutoff water mains to prevent further release of water. You can do this by accessing and turning off the main stopcock
- Contact your insurer to inform them of the situation
- Arrange for a service from a professional restorer to remove water intrusion in the home
How can I document damages caused by a burst pipe?
It can be challenging to assess the extent of damage to your home immediately after a burst. High-levels of standing water and material permeance are hidden factors that can only be evaluated once initial emergency mitigation is complete. In a typical home flooding scenario, we use electric submersible pumps with sufficient lift volume and power to transport standing water away from home and into an open sewer point. Once complete, the risk of structural collapse lessens, and we can spend time performing an inspection of damages noting the material construction of your home as well as the spread of moisture. We document all signs of damage during the initial scoping stage, which is recorded in a digital inventory ready to be passed on to your insurance adjuster.
What kind of water extraction equipment do I need to remove water from my floors?
Water extraction varies depending on the requirements of your specific restoration. Semi-permeable floors like wood, tiles, or concrete can usually benefit from light-weight extraction wands. These are commonly known as wet/dry vacuums and can pass significant amounts of water by combining heat and suction. However, if your property is carpeted, we may need to use weighted extractors. Carpet fibers are very porous, absorbing lots of moisture. This moisture can be tough to remove from the inner layers of the carpet, mainly when thicker fibers are in use. Weighted extraction equipment exerts a downward force onto the carpet either through its construction or the technician's standing weight. By applying downward pressure to the rug, we can squeeze fibers and draw moisture to the surface for extraction.
Are carpets ruined after water damage?
The length of time between the event and the drying procedure is crucial in determining whether carpets are salvageable. Clean water can deteriorate over time as it mixes with other contaminants like microbial spores or dust in your indoor environment. In as little as seventy-two hours, a clean water emergency can degrade into a grey or black water contamination issue. With their porous fibers, wet carpets are ideal for spores to form mold colonies that can spread rapidly throughout a carpet. Equally, the presence of moisture can lead to delamination of the carpet. SERVPRO technicians have extensive training in carpet restoration. We can apply to condition or buffering techniques to ensure that carpets return to a preloss condition providing that water exposure time is kept low.
How Can I Restore Wet Carpets
- Precondition and thoroughly dry the carpet using extractors and dehumidification
- Inspect the mat and perform spot cleaning to remove any residual markings or visible damages
- Use a rotary machine to buffer the fibers of the carpet and return it to its preloss condition
Burst pipes can occur at any time, and the longer the water remains, the higher the chance is of sustaining permanent damage to flooring or contents. Contact SERVPRO of Glen Cover / Jericho at (516) 671-1919 to arrange a call with our water restoration technicians (WRT).
How Do I Keep My Glen Cove Store Running After a Water Leak?
Water leaks can quickly lead to water damage in your store. Contact SERVPRO for restoration services.
SERVPRO Restores the Damage as Quickly as Possible
If your Glen Cove gift shop had a water leak, it is crucial to deal with it right away to prevent further damage. You do not want your unaffected items to retain moisture or mold colonies to grow due to excess water. The quicker you dry your belongings and the interior of your shop, the quicker you can get back to business.
How Do I Protect My Merchandise?
SERVPRO Has Offsite Secure Storage for Your Merchandise
When dealing with water damage restoration at your Glen Cove business, you may need to remove your merchandise to an offsite facility for a couple of reasons. First, you want to keep the items dry and remove the possibility of them absorbing moisture from the raised humidity levels in the shop. Second, if any items sustained damage, technicians can clean and dry the items offsite. When taking items out of your shop, our specialists inventory each item so that you can keep track of your merchandise each step of the way.
What Would Happen if I Try to Dry My Store with Only Ventilation and Box Fans?
- The drying process would be much slower without proper equipment or technique.
- Moisture may remain, exposing your merchandise to humidity that can damage the gifts you sell.
- Unpleasant odors may develop, making your business a less desirable gift-buying destination.
What Type of Equipment Does SERVPRO Technicians Use to Dry My Floors and Reduce Humidity?
- Air movers direct air across the floor to assist in evaporation of moisture.
- Technicians use dehumidifiers to pull moisture out of the air.
- Air scrubbers to purify the air and remove odors.
For assistance dealing with water damage, contact SERVPRO of Glen Cove / Jericho at (516) 671-1919. We make it, "Like it never even happened."
Click here to learn more about Glen Cove.