Addressing Water Damage Found in Glen Cove Properties
Proven Water Damage Restoration Techniques for Glen Cove
No matter how you try to avoid water issues within your home or business, there are times when a water loss event is unavoidable. Whether you have ceiling leaks coming from plumbing in an upstairs bathroom or ground-floor flooding, prompt action is vital to eliminate all hazards. SERVPRO knows how important it is to bring your property back to pre-emergency condition, which is why we are available 24/7 with teams ready to get started on your project. We're Faster To Any Size Disaster, mobilizing within hours of your initial contact with our customer care team.
Water damage in Glen Cove can come in the form of burst pipes or even hidden leaks somewhere within your plumbing system. No matter the cause, it is never a good idea to wait for restoration or tackle the project independently with DIY methods. Calling in skilled technicians with IICRC certification like our team at SERVPRO ensures you get rapid, efficient results.
Let the Pros Handle your Structural Drying Needs
With any home flooding or water emergency, structural drying is imperative. We make sure all standing water gets removed and other belongings and furniture. We then assess further damage and what measures must get taken for drying. Our technicians understand how moisture seeps into structural elements, so we know how to craft an appropriate drying plan. Our structural drying efforts include two significant steps:
- Air Flow – Proper air movement gets achieved with the help of powerful centrifugal fans that put out high-powered airflow to dry moisture. In extreme situations, we can place these fans in the water damage zone without the need for drilling boreholes in walls or pulling up carpeting. The crew adjusts as we move along to ensure proper moisture evaporation.
- Dehumidification – This part of the process includes industrial-grade high-volume dehumidifiers to help evaporate moisture in the air. When strategically placed, our dehumidification equipment steps up to remove the water from the air before it has a chance to get absorbed by other materials or structural elements.
Not All Water Damage is Visible to the Untrained Eye
It is astounding how many property owners are unaware of water issues lurking behind walls, under cabinetry, and in other areas. To ensure your building is well-maintained and structurally sound, periodically looking for signs of water infiltration is a smart move. If you ever notice staining on walls or ceilings, or musty odors that point to the possibility of black mold growth, you can count on our team to come in for a detailed inspection.
If you are unsure if you have water damage lurking in your home, some of the tools that we may use to help us locate hidden moisture include:
- Moisture meters to look for moisture content in certain materials. This tool offers accurate moisture readings so that we can monitor our drying efforts.
- Moisture sensors help expose the level of moisture in walls, baseboards, and carpeting.
- Thermohygrometers help to detect relative humidity (RH) and temperature. With these readings, our technicians have a window into the levels of humidity, dew point, and more.
Throughout the water restoration process, our crew adjusts accordingly to add or subtract air movers, dehumidifiers, drying mats, and other equipment so that we can successfully dry your interior and structural elements. Before the project gets wrapped up, final readings get taken for moisture, and we handle all surfaces' cleaning, sanitizing, and deodorizing.
A team with training and experience best addresses water damage if you want quality results. Call us at SERVPRO of Glen Cove/Jericho at (516) 671-1919 for assistance.