Do Wet Carpets Need Replacing?
SERVPRO is a Water Restoration Provider in Glen Cove that Can Restore Items Rather than Replace them.
How does cleaning affect wet carpets?
A water intrusion event in your Glen Cove home can potentially damage textiles or carpets. Carpets are porous by nature, which means they absorb water quickly and any bacteria or dirt in the water. Porous materials also dry faster, which can be an advantage providing that SERVPRO technicians arrive before fungi or mold growth begins. Since molds can spread quickly, a moldy carpet is often non-salvageable. The typical timeframe that a wet carpet is restorable is seventy-two hours. Providing our technicians can begin work within this window, there is a strong chance that your carpet can return to a clean and dry condition.
What levels of clean are there for restoration services for Glen Cove Homeowners?
- Sterile environments are those similar to a lab where there is virtually no presence of bacteria- whether harmful or natural
- Disinfected environments are more achievable than sterile environments
- A sanitary environment is likely to be the condition of your home before a water loss incident
How does a wet carpet return to a sanitary state?
The goal of water restoration professionals in Glen Cove is to return your home to its preloss condition, also known as a sanitary state. While carpet fibers are weaker when wet, they can often be more responsive to cleaning techniques using detergents, conditioners, and mechanical cleaning. We can effectively dry carpet and upholstery by setting up a strategic drying system using dehumidifiers and air movers. Finally, any residual odor left behind by a water loss incident can be tackled using deodorizers either in a mister or by direct spray applications.
What are the goals of carpet cleaning?
- Returning textiles to a state where they look and smell clean
- Using chemical treatments to ensure that the carpet remains clean for longer
- Techniques that prioritize fast-drying while combating potentially harmful bacteria or microbes
Wet carpets are often cleanable after water loss without requiring replacements. Contact SERVPRO of Glen Cove / Jericho at (516) 671-1919.